Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chapter 18 - Of All People...


Stray animals everywhere.


As this kitty sulks away, Tiara watches it sadly. So many of these animals need homes. Is there a way that she can help? She rubs the back of her neck before she walks inside to take care of her own brood.

The brood get along rather nicely, actually.




Toulouse isn't really fond of dirty dishes, though. You never know when those sammich crusts are gonna attack!


Tiara gets a phone call inviting her to Jazlyn Parrott's party, and so she decides to attend. What better way to get some attention than to put on a slightly skanky dress and play your guitar at a party?


Tiara lets it rip.


Reactions are mixed. Everyone's a little afraid to get close to her slightly skanky attire in case it bleeds over onto them.


Cooking is not appreciated, Miss Firefighter Woman.


Even if Tiara isn't going to be getting any offers of promotion here, it still gives her a chance to catch up with Jazlyn, who has now had her baby and regained a super tiny figure all over again.

"So, what was wrong with my playing?"

"Well...nothing, actually. It was quite good."

"So why were you all being so...quiet?"

"It's just your...image. A country singer doesn't wear a dress like that to a party. And you dress more like a rocker chick than anything."

"...oh. Umm..."

"Also, you were keeping my baby awake."


Said baby is very upset that no attention is paid to him.


All in all, the party is a wash. Tiara does get some mac and cheese out of the deal, though, which is at least satisfactory. She heads home and changes out of her clothes with a sigh.

She doesn't expect the phone call from Athena.


"Oh. My Plumbob."

"Shut up, my ankles hurt," Athena murmurs sulkily, rubbing her belly.

"What did you DO?!"

"I fell in love, okay?! Thought I did, at least. I don't know. It all happened so fast."

"Oh Watcher. Can I touch it?!"


She can.


"What's the guy's name?"

"Booker. He's a politician. Very well-to-do."

"Are you...are you gonna marry him?"

"I mean, I hope to, if he stops being a jerk lately. He won't even rub my feet. Do you know how miserable that is?"

Tiara can imagine. "So why'd you come over at..." She checks her watch. "...midnight?"

"I just had to get out of the house. I'm not used to living with a man yet."

"Oh Plumbob, you're living with him?!"

"Shut up!" Athena sulks all the way to the chair. "Bring me a book!"


Alma belatedly notices the deer in her photo.

Athena doesn't stay long.


She needs to get home before she makes her politician boyfriend look even worse. He's got an election soon and all that.


P.S. Toulouse grew up too.


Yippie, I can reach the wall dancer now~!

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Athena. O_O I did not see that coming. At all.

    I dunno what those country hicks were talking about. Tiara looks great in that dress. *Eye roll*

    Oh and that deer shadow behind Athena in that picture of her reading scared the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE DEER SHADOW WAS HORRIFYING. ;_____; I didn't even notice it until I was going through my pictures for this chapter and cropping them in GIMP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Athena. =(

    "Everyone's a little afraid to get close to her slightly skanky attire in case it bleeds over onto them."

    BWAHAHAHA. Definitely Rhi's daughter, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I never noticed until you mentioned it hahaha Deer :P love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, yes, definitely Rhi's daughter.

    ReplyDelete